Monday 19 March 2012

Thoughts About Boat Bits, Dodgers

I had been thinking about the prospect of a dodger for the new boat. I want the cockpit to be comfortable place to be. Both at sea and at anchor. So I did some Internet searching and was surprised by the results. There were two options that have stood out as viable. Both are fitted to the same model of yacht we hopefully have bought.

Option 1: Dodger and bimini linked with canvas awning that is removed when sailing


Option 2: Hard Dodger and soft bimini. I also liked the code zero idea on this one. Is the hard dodger a viable option really?



2 comments:

  1. It's so exciting! Looking forward to keeping up with your travels. Nikki Foley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikki, We cant wait either. Liz and I keep on changing the departure date every day. One day it is lets just go and the next is lets give it till next year. I'm opting for the next year as it will give us a chance to sort out the boat. We may jsut copromise and do the east coast ASAP.

      Delete